Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Lightbulb I want to start a new web design project

Hello, my name is Alex, right now I'm working as freelancer and I want to start building my own web design company.

For now I'm choosing the domain name and logo and I need your opinion:

What you think about the domain codelement.com (I've already purchased it). See the logo attached too.

Please note that in the website I will offer webdesign plans and hosting.

Thank you.

codelement.jpg

SiF
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Alex,

I like it. You got my brain to work hard on that interesting triangle. Would the ' E ' after the D be lighter purple? At the moment it is almost black. You can't really tell it is purple at first look.

SiF

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Personally an impossible triangle isn't a good logo because you can't own it. Therefore you can easily have logos from other places that are the same. A brand is suppose to be a UNIQUE icon that is UNIQUE to your company. This is not unique and honestly not that creative at all.

Please do not take any offense to this. The reason i say these things is when i started my first design class i tried to use the same triangle. It wasn't until i started realizing what made a good brand/logo that i came to the conclusion this was a horrible idea.

Besides the logo wont look the same when printed very small or in one color. I also do not really understand the relationship to the name. What about that logo relates to "codelement"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SiF View Post
    Hi Alex,

I like it. You got my brain to work hard on that interesting triangle. Would the ' E ' after the D be lighter purple? At the moment it is almost black. You can't really tell it is purple at first look.

SiF

Thank you man! I will use a lighter purple.
    Last edited by alex_florentin; May 10th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Personally an impossible triangle isn't a good logo because you can't own it. Therefore you can easily have logos from other places that are the same. A brand is suppose to be a UNIQUE icon that is UNIQUE to your company. This is not unique and honestly not that creative at all.

Please do not take any offense to this. The reason i say these things is when i started my first design class i tried to use the same triangle. It wasn't until i started realizing what made a good brand/logo that i came to the conclusion this was a horrible idea.

Besides the logo wont look the same when printed very small or in one color. I also do not really understand the relationship to the name. What about that logo relates to "codelement"

Thank you for your opinion. I had thought the same as you, but I've noticed this:

# Don't exists popular brands using this object.
    # My logo is not just a impossible triangle, it contains unique color shades and a unique title.

These all elements together are my unique logo.

Junior Member shem@sambohost.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Hi Alex, it's nice on logo, name and domain name. My idea is to select the best hosting, template & contents to the site.

fox
    Member #
    I would add black as a colour... I think black and violett look good together... And why triangle?
    The name sounds cool, I like it

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_florentin View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. I had thought the same as you, but I've noticed this:

# Don't exists popular brands using this object.
    # My logo is not just a impossible triangle, it contains unique color shades and a unique title.

These all elements together are my unique logo.
    Not to be rude, but it sounds like you are trying to make excuses for not wanting to try a lil harder. Regardless of if you can find a impossible triangle or not you still do not own it. Therefore it can never truly be YOUR brand. Like i said i was in your shoes, i was easily able to find other logos that used an impossible triangle.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    I would add black as a colour... I think black and violett look good together... And why triangle?
    The name sounds cool, I like it
    The text color is nearly by pure black.
    I choose the infinite triangle because I like it.

fox
    Member #
    Okay
    The idea is great So, when did you start your project?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads