Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Play video inside/top of image - image overlay

Play video inside/top of image - image overlay

Want to try and put a video on top of an image on my homepage. Giving the appearance of objects in pic are watching my video. Having a hard time finding out how to do this. Sounds simple but after researching for few days with no luck makes me think different. Any ideas or direction ?

Thanks, can't even find an example on the internet to compare...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK back and still no luck in my search! Am I in the right forum for advise? Is this normal practice to implement into a theme?

Anyone? Would appreciate some input

Thankyou! I cannot even find a company that is wiling to take this on - strange industry!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi Vinny, im unsure as to why you want it on top of an image? I assume the rest of the image will surround it? If thats the case you are best off using z-index, this will allow you to place the video player over your image if the video player has a z-index of 2 and your image has a z-index of 1

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello thanks for the response. Curious if it is ok to post a website of an idea I want to implement into my website header. Not even sure this would be possible with my theme and the end results I am looking for.

Just checking forum rules before I post sites...

I am trying to redo my current website header with a overall picture scene and characters watching a TV with my explainer video inside...

Thanks again been researching this for weeks/months

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Your welcome.
    Sure, you can post the links to reference what you require help with.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    cool here is my site Camp Ruff Ruff | Dog Training | Boarding | Staten Island NY

I am looking for something like this for the top off my page and inside the TV would play my explainer video. Either inside header, slider or replace slider:

Mike Dascola, Web Designer | Online Portfolio - Raleigh, North Carolina (The pic I will want will also have to be custom made) So this is a bit advanced I am assuming)

Thank you again as this research is driving me nutz. Seems simple but cannot get guidance or answers.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Your site isnt too bad, good job!

I can see exactly what you mean.. let me direct message you with something similar I have been working on.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sounds good and TY wanna do something creative and be different

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks like if I wanted this to show also on phone sites I will need to think of placing mine in the slider position correct?

I notice in your example video does not show on mobile site...

Just thinking ahead across all platforms.

Thanks again most info I got in weeks lol

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I agree - I think what your looking for will work well. Especially within the industry your business is in.

The example I showed doesn't currently work on mobile no, but its unfinished. Its scheduled in tomorrow for some work which should see the video element finalised. All work we do is fully responsive which means it will work on all devices upon completion :-)

Remove Ads