Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Online customer database

Hi all,

I am trying to come up with a way in which customers who come to my restaurant can sign their kids up to a club, which gives the kids free meals on their birthday etc, online via our website. I am really at a loss as how to go about doing this. I need the database to store names, address, email address, D.O.B and contact number. I would also need to be alerted to all new members who sign up to it, and also for kids with upcoming birthdays so the relevant mail outs can be done.

Does anyone know if there are any established pieces of software/programs/code that can be intergrated into our current website? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I hope I have put this in the right subreddit!

Cheers,
    the_game

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Sometimes, things like this can be tricky. People should not really be putting childrens' names, birthdays, and addresses on someone's website database unless it is secure. This depends on your webhost and what type of webhosting account you have.

Tell us more about your webhost account. Not necessarily your website address (unless you are able to tell us that), but the webhost (linux or windows), and if your current website uses PHP or ASP.net Is your website something someone made by hand, or it is a WordPress, Joomla type of website?

Remove Ads