Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By timbo89
  • 1 Post By AjitRamdas

Thread: Web development and web design, what is it worth?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Web development and web design, what is it worth?

What does everyone charge, what services do you provide, how much experience do you have?

Links to work would be great too

I want to get a baseline so i know what i should be charging when i do web design work.

See below for some of my examples, keep in mind; at the moment i'm trying to build up a portfolio, so i don't charge a lot.

If you're able to tell me what you think my sites are worth, that would be great too

Creswick Motel
    Creswick Motel - 2 Cushing Avenue, Creswick VIC
    Freebie ~10hrs

North East Counselling
    North East Counselling - Professional Counselling in the North Eastern suburbs of Adelaide
    $150 ~15hrs
    vin boris likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's worth what someone will pay you for it. It depends on your specific circumstances, so it's impossible for anyone to come up with a solid answer, or even a range of prices, that would fit.

It's a good question, but it's one that has no real answer.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Both has their own importance in their respective place.
    Actually it depends upon the client requirement though its is hard to tell.
    vin boris likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    So you basically made $10 an hour on the counseling website, that is not very much, is that what you want to make?

I tend to charge $800-$1500 a website, though I started out like you charging $150-$300. I am self taught and pretty much get most of my websites by referral from previous clients. I also have an agreement with the local political party that sends me all of his candidates that need a website. 6 our 8 of my candidates were elected as State Representatives, and County Commissioners among other positions. That makes me feel pretty good about myself and what I do and offer. I probably 1 or 2 websites a month. I am not trying to do to many. I am a Union Carpenter so I tend to do this on the side as a hobby. So I don't know if I charge enough but I feel comfortable with what I get. I know when I have offered to do a site for someone for next to nothing I just didn't feel like working on it as much as I do when I charge them the normal price.

Master's Hands Ministries - Haiti Outreach - I only charged $300 for this site and the rest I donated to their ministry

Michelle Caldier | 26th District State Representative - This is my latest Political website I charged $1000.

Ocean Shores Gibson's BnB/Vacation - $850

Washington State Representative Drew MacEwen (R) 35th District, Position 2

Remove Ads