Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

cost for a new website (thanks in advance!)

hello there, i am curious about the cost of creating a website. i have been helping my friends with their sites but haven't had a real "job" until now. i have been asked to create a website like this and was curious to the project price - what amount should i ask for to create this?

i appreciate your help and advice, thank you!!!

jen

Bay Area Cancer Connections

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    We cant discuss these things on a forum. Plus it will depend on different variables that only you can account for.

Charge what you think your times worth by the number of hours it will take you to complete is the best answer i can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    OK, thanks. Why can we not discuss this topic?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mowrerpower View Post
    OK, thanks. Why can we not discuss this topic?
    There is legal issues with Collusion n for that reasons most forums, like this one prohibit us from discussing prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    No matter what the rules are, we all have our own prices. We all have different demographics, geographic location, experience, expertise, and most of all, we all have different reasons for programming. Some of us (like myself), just do it for the fun of it. I don't have to make a living at it. That makes a huge difference in what I charge compared to someone else. It just cannot be accurately answered.

Member #
    Quote Alot. Charge Alot.

That is my number one recommendation. It is much harder to sell yourself short in the begining and work your way to the top then it is to charge alot of money and put every penny you have charged the client into resources and time.

Why do I suggest this? This is why.

The better pr;oduct you are able to produce the more likely you will get bigger clients on your next contract. Invest every penny you get from the contract into things like designers, copy writers, link builders, SEO experts... DO NOT do it all yourself. No one is an expert in every field. follow these tips and one day you might do this as full time job like many of us here.

[EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; May 19th, 2015 at 08:37 PM.

Remove Ads