Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Word Press Site Development issues for Bigineers

Member #

Word Press Site Development issues for Bigineers

Hi Guise, I am basically belong from Digital Marketing Industry but now I want to develop Word Press Site for personal use but I don't have any experience in word press site design and developing. I have already downloaded wordpress theme and I want to customize them but I am very confused how can I start to customization without booking domain and hosting. Some person suggest me you can try local host but I am not understand what he is saying? Please tell in brief about my questions, I am waiting for your responses.

Thankssssssss

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Please, Allow me.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Go ahead and book the domain name and hosting ... $5 per month? you'll pay $75 for the first year of hosting.
    Most of pay more than $5 for just one cup of Latte at Starbucks.

Think of a clever domain name not yet taken.

Go to GoDaddy and subscribe to a basic webhost account along with registering your domain name.

Log into the GoDaddy control panel and have them install wordpress as your main website. They'll do all of the install work for you.

Now you have full control over your website and can use any theme you wish, and customize it.

If you're into Digital Marketing and are too cheap to spend $75 for a real website, you need to rethink your career.
    Last edited by mlseim; May 16th, 2015 at 10:12 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I haven't tried it but I understand you can install wordpress on your computer and then develop your site on your computer. Eventually of course you need a domain name and hosting and doing it that way makes extra work and increases the risk of problems.

As cheap as a domain name and hosting are I would agree that it just doesn't make sense. Get your domain on GoDaddy and get some cheap hosting there. Wordpress is a one click install on GoDaddy. You go into your hosting panel and find the button for WordPress and click it and you are done.

There are lots of free templates to make a site look pretty professional and there are lots of good tutorials on YouTube.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    [content removed because of advertising for a company]

XXXXXXXWeb Hosting is 100% compatible with Wordpress and with one click you can install Wordpress from your control panel, it is so easy and simple. You also get a 30 days money back guarantee, so go ahead and try it, I am sure you would like it.
    Last edited by mlseim; May 19th, 2015 at 07:08 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Tiabutcher ...

All of your posts are spam ... trying to get people to click to IX web hosting. Every post you make mentions their features, and links to them.

I'm going to start deleting them. So when you see them go away, you will know it was me that erased them.

If you want to contribute REAL discussions to this forum, I suggest you start now and no longer mention IX hosting. Nobody cares about IX hosting.

And yes, GoDaddy and other webhosting companies are mentioned on here. People are mentioning them as examples of web hosting places. GoDaddy is something most people have heard of, so they get mentioned a lot. It's sort of like telling someone to use Post-It Notes. We all know what they are, but the name "Post-It Notes" is actually a trademark of 3M. It's used as a generic term meaning ALL yellow sticky notes, not specifically 3M. Likewise, when I say "GoDaddy", most people know what I'm talking about ... a webhost. Ironically, I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy, but it conveys clearly to most forum readers.
    Last edited by mlseim; May 19th, 2015 at 07:16 AM.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    This has already been mentioned but... Dont waste your time developing locally when you can develop on a godaddy or another managed hosting platform for less then 10 bucks a month. You can use a temporary url with many hosting companys.

That is what I do when i build a wordpress site. I go to go daddy get there managed hosting for 7.99 a month I dont purchase a url. when i am done developing i install the duplicator plugin and copy it on to the clients perferred hosting using there domain name.

Developing locally will only confuse you and probably cause you more of a headache then spending the $7.99 on a Pre Paid CC.

[EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264]

Free TIP --- RELEVANT BACK LINKS
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; May 19th, 2015 at 08:37 PM.

Remove Ads