Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Where is a good place to go to find interested parties in collaborating with a site?

I did a few google searches and ended up here. Before I request help, I wanted to know if there are other sites that people here know to seek partners or other interested coders who want to help develop a website.

I have been working on a site in Rails for the last few months, and finally have some time to dedicate to it. It is a large project and I could use some help.

Are there any sites that focus on collaboration? Or does this site cater to that?

Thanks very much!

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I might be interested, i'm working on building up a bit of a portfolio so any work is good work :P

Can you give any more information?

Member #
    Depending on what you want to put into it, you can definitely find something to put in a portfolio.

Its a webapp, and I need help with all ends. The site is a 'dynamic message board', where users can create their own boards, in a tree structure. So if you're talking about movies, people who are in the Entertainment board will also see those threads. You can then drill down to get more specific.

Im using agilefant right now to keep track of stories...though it seems to grow faster than I can wipe them out.

Anyway, Its built in Rails, and currently deployed on heroku. You can check it out here: BaseApp

(Facebook connectivity is in development mode, so it wont work for anyone but me at this time.)

feel free to hit me up on gchat if you want to talk more about it(rickymm3@gmail.com). I can share the git repository info so you can check it the code.

Always open to just general input and suggestions though.

~Thanks!

Remove Ads