Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: What website building tool should I use for what I need to accomplish?

Member #

What website building tool should I use for what I need to accomplish?

Hello all, and I am new to this forum. I need help because I am in the process of creating a new business venture with 95% of its focus being online usage by its members. It is not a forum, and I do not want it to become this. My priorities are:
    1. Ability to have specific joining requirements for members (basically I need to be able to make my own custom sign-up form)
    2. I want it to run sort of like how the Instagram app does as far as uploading pictures, liking and commenting on said pictures, and the ability to follow (or as I will call it, watch) other people's profiles. So I need to be able to run sort of a social media type website with features/options that I can add and take away, including moderator support.
    3. Running a classifieds section for members to upload/buy/sell items, and the site (and me) gets revenue via paypal.
    4. Different tiers of memberships, and the ability to set different privileges and charge money for premium membership.
    5. Running an online store where I can sell items with company logo on them, accepting visa, mastercard, and paypal.
    6. Members can filter what they want to see on their interactive home feed based on what information was given when someone signed up, meaning you can filter people's profiles based off of their info.

Thank you to the few people who read all of this, and I hope you can give me advice on what program I should use to make this happen. Also, if I like your reply enough don't be surprised if I contact you through DM to find out even more. Thanks guys.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'll save you a lot of time and energy as far as searching goes...there isn't one program, script, or piece of software that will do everything that you want. There are scripts that will do parts of what you want (e.g. classified ads scripts, online storefronts), but nothing that would join them together. The thing with what you're asking for is that not all of the components are related items, so there isn't a logical way to tie them together in most cases. For example, tying a membership site to a classified ad section...most membership sites don't have classified ad sections, so there isn't really a market for a script or program that would do both and as such no one has bothered to create it.

If you want it, you're going to have to build it or have it built for you. We say that quite a lot around here...and by "we" I mean primarily myself and mlseim, since we're the two most experienced developers...but it's true.

None of this means you have a bad idea...it just means you're going to have some customization ahead of you to join the pieces together as seamlessly as possible.
    gconron07 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    As far as I know, SquareSpace is a popular web-based HTML5 website builder that will help you create beautiful sites in a matter of minutes. I hope this will help find good platforms for web development!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    SquareSpace is a popular web-based HTML5 website builder that will help you create beautiful sites in a matter of minutes. I hope this will help find good platforms for web development

Remove Ads