Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Studio87

Thread: Looking for advice on how to accomplish my web design goals.

Member #

Looking for advice on how to accomplish my web design goals.

My aim is to create a series of websites that represent my personal business, but I'm not sure what would be the most time-efficient manner to accomplish this without hiring someone to do the job. Would it be best to learn from the ground up or use a web design application? Considering I have experience with C#, would ASP.NET be my best option? Any advice would be appreciated.

Aside from the basics, I need the site to support a customer database, allow file submissions, and accept PayPal/credit card payments.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi Vittorio,
    If web design is something which you are interested in, then why not learn from the ground up?
    In my experience theres more to design than just coding and websites require creative flair along with experience in creation of conversion elements, page flow, direction and much more.
    If your learning purely to make the websites for your self and thats all, you will be disappointed with your results and hire a professional in the long run.

ASP.net is your best option if you are to develop web applications. However it sounds as though you are creating an ecommerce website and looking into wordpress and the woocommerce plugin would be more advantageous. Its a modern approach and will shortcut your learning goals. If you need any further assistance please feel free to send me a message.
    sami24.gk likes this.

Remove Ads