Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By timbo89
  • 1 Post By bbkagp
  • 1 Post By bbkagp

Thread: ideas about my website :)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question ideas about my website :)

Hi everyone,

I've made a website to present my portfolio. I'd like to get your ideas and improve it. Could you do me a favor, have a look at my website and send your comments to improve it.
    Here is my website : www.bbkagp.com

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Wow, impressive CV.

The website looks ok, the first thing i noticed was a few of the images are broken on the english page and the background blends in too much with the navigation bar, i'd either make it different, or keep the background going right to the top of the page.

"Contact Me" on the navigation bar is pushed onto a second line which doesn't look right to me, maybe try making the navigation text slightly smaller.

on the main page Grafiker Tasar?mc? | Özel Ders | Web Tasar?m | 0534 513 1640 i find the backgrounds to busy, maybe try washing them out so they're lighter, or blur them slightly so there aren't any sharp lines behind your text

the edges on some of your images don't blend very well with the background, eg: http://www.bbkagp.com/wp-content/upl...hic-design.png on the main page

It looks like you're trying to use every effect and style you know on one page, which does show what you can do, but i find it to be too much, maybe stick to one style for your page and then have a portfolio of other pages, it will make it easier to follow.

Get rid of some of the social icons, just use 3 or 4 popular ones.

Get rid of the list of tags down the bottom.

Get rid of the keywords in your meta tags and try again, that's waaaay too many.

----

It looks like you have potential if you coded this site yourself, if you just went and found 'cool' wordpress plugins.. please stop....
    bbkagp likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Wow... Impressive comment... Thanks... You've spent a lot of time to go through my website and write comments. I appreciate your effort. I'll consider them when I start to review and do corrections.

Thanks again.
    timbo89 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by idoljercavs View Post
    Wow your site design is really impressive and really cool but the only thing I dont like is the placement of the tags. You must remove it from the footer or you can change the tags into drop down because the tags takes a lot of space.
    Thank you very much for your pretty comment.

You are absolutely right about tags. I removed them. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I speak English, so maybe I don't get the full benefit of your site as a result.

Here's what I think, though: the Turkish (?) site is very impressive graphically. Usually when people combine patterns and colors, it has a tendency to look overdone, and you've managed to avoid that. Content-wise? Can't understand a word of it so I won't comment.

The English site is nowhere near as impressive. It should look and function as the Turkish site does, with the content changed to English. Do the same thing with your French site and your other language site. Make them all look and function the same.

When you do that, I'll probably have more comments.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I speak English, so maybe I don't get the full benefit of your site as a result.

Here's what I think, though: the Turkish (?) site is very impressive graphically. Usually when people combine patterns and colors, it has a tendency to look overdone, and you've managed to avoid that. Content-wise? Can't understand a word of it so I won't comment.

The English site is nowhere near as impressive. It should look and function as the Turkish site does, with the content changed to English. Do the same thing with your French site and your other language site. Make them all look and function the same.

When you do that, I'll probably have more comments.
    Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your time ...

I want to finish Turkish version, then I'll start to work on other languages too. Since I live and work in Turkey, I have to spend more time on this language.

Thanks again, look forward to seeing you again.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Remove Ads