Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By leandros21

Thread: How to become a brilliant web developer

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

How to become a brilliant web developer

Hello, i finished my studies in computer science two years ago, before i started web developing my own websites and ideas and now am having a working experience as a web developer almost a year so after around 3 years in this industry. still having this question, how to become better web developer.
    So far i know html5, css3, javascript, jquery, php fundamentals, little databases, wordpress. Somebody can say that's enough(just few ), so to make the long story short

my question is how to become a much in request web developer?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    From one developer to the other...it doesn't matter what language(s) you learn. It doesn't matter what frameworks you learn. It doesn't matter what CMSes you learn. None of that matters.

What matters...and what makes one a brilliant web developer (or not a brilliant web developer)...is the ability to apply what you've learned to your potential target market. If you know PHP but you can't solve a client's problem because you can't understand it even though it's relatively simple or because the client can't lay it out in a spec doc for you, you're not a brilliant web developer. If you don't know where or when to use WordPress and insist on using it for things such as e-commerce, you're not a brilliant web developer. If you can figure these sorts of things out, and if you can take a situation where you don't know something, find it out on the fly, and apply it...then you're a brilliant web developer.

Hope that makes sense.
    leandros21 and Wynn_Drahorad like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I bet that you are lecturer, not like these we had in university, a real lecturer...
    Thank you very much, these are inspiring words for me, honestly these words touched me ! ! !
    Wynn_Drahorad likes this.

Member #
    You have some matching situation like me. the same question come into my mind but i think i have the answer too. To be a good web developer: you are already a good web developer. But I think you want be a brilliant programer. I got my answer to the same question for me and that is. Be a brilliant Programer instead of web developer. You will feel the difference.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's also true so everybody has to be practising in order to be better

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    It sounds as though you are already a developer but you would like to know people source your services more frequently?

Build yourself a portfolio, advertise your services, create informative and relevant blogs, make maximum use of social media, follow web trends, ensure your work follows modern practices and keep learning :-)

Remove Ads