Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dany-Boy
  • 1 Post By timbo89

Thread: How can I edit any website in order to develop my own new website

Member #

How can I edit any website in order to develop my own new website

I right-clicked on websites and then pressed the "view page source" button.I got the html, css, javascript and other codes of the website. I copied them and pasted them on notepad.
    But the result was not as good as I expected.
    Will you please tell me how I can develop a new website which is somewhat similar the one which I edit?
    Thank you in advance for your support.
    Last edited by nurhussen; Jun 22nd, 2015 at 07:59 AM. Reason: To insert smiley

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You can start by learning to code. Anything you can take off the web like this is going to be on the easier side. The real magic works on server side.

Learn HTML/CSS (really not that hard! Maybe a weekend-week depending on you)

Then look into jQuery and or Javascript.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello nurhussen,
    I think a faster and easier way to create a similar website to the one you have found, is by creating it with Wordpress. You don't need to learn coding and with all the themes and plugins available, I am sure you can build up a close to perfect copy of that particular website you are targeting. Also doing it the other way (with coding) will take you a lot of time because you will first have to study some programming language such as Javascript and Html. Then, you will have to adapt the script you found to a new website (you will come across many errors while doing it).

So all in all, creating your website with Wordpress is in my opinion, your best option as it will be a lot faster and easier. If you want, I would appreciate you tell us what you decided to do and show us the results when it is done (to feed my curiosity).
    ibrahim.shehab.91 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    if you're using chrome you can 'view source' and then edit the live html and css code, this is an easy way to see how everything works.
    ibrahim.shehab.91 likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    the problem is usually path.... you have to change all the path for the files etc.... maybe u made a mistake in the linking of all the files etc....
    check the path in CSS also... because sometime css files use inline import
    you need to download the images as well....
    also check the error log in your browser for javascript errors...and check your page for missing links...

Remove Ads