Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Best way to mark up my site

Hello, I'm knew to wed design and want to code correctly. I've been working on a site of mine which is an attorney web site for bankruptcy. The site is for my wife and I want it to be coded correctly. I'm confused on when to use a article tag and a section tag and also aside tags. There is no advertisements on the site besides the prices she offers for her services. I'm not sure, since everything on the site is about bankruptcy, if using section tags are needed and if the article tag would just have all of the info we provide within it.

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    I found this from 4 years ago:
    html - HTML5 best practices; section/header/aside/article tags - Stack Overflow

I can only speak for myself ... I go online and find some nice free responsive HTML5 templates and build from those. I've never made a complete HTML5 site from scratch. All of the responsive templates available are good enough for what I do.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If I need to declare bankruptcy, would your wife recommend that I do it myself, or hire an attorney?

This isn't what you asked, but if a website is going to be an important business asset, I *strongly* recommend hiring a professional.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lunagraphica View Post
    If I need to declare bankruptcy, would your wife recommend that I do it myself, or hire an attorney?

This isn't what you asked, but if a website is going to be an important business asset, I *strongly* recommend hiring a professional.
    I couldn't agree more with what you have said. At the same time, being here for the time I have I've learned that some people just insist on doing it themselves. If someone is willing to take the time to learn to do it right we should try and guide them in that direction.

When someones asking how to get a cheap site made where they have to do zero coding and want it ranked #1 on google yesterday, these are the people that need to be recommending to hire a professional.

To the OP, the link provided above was the best example I could find when trying to learn. Id recommend going through it and if you have any questions to continue to ask here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads