Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Digital Download Web Platform.

Member #

Digital Download Web Platform.

Hello ,

I need some answers to some questions i got.. i'm a bit confused.

Let's say i wanna make a website with a download center for apps.. which web platform should i choose for that? Also i tried to find a template for this field.. but i haven't find any...

Does anyone knows any templates that i can use in this purpose? it doesn't matter if cost.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You want to have an app store on a website? Is there something in particular that you are going to have that say Android/Apple store wont? Even if you did do you think you could compete with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    That's not the question i asked.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It is a perfectly valid question, though. When people ask for templates for things such as what you're asking for, they quite often want to build something as quickly and cheaply as possible, with little or no regard to originality. Vapr_Arts is just trying to figure out if that's your angle.
    brandMatt likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I really can't say much about it but i can say that it will be nothing quickly or cheap... it will be at least 1-2 years util i will launch it..

But i'm yet not sure on what kind of platform should i build it on. It will be some softwares too but nothing like (android/apple or whatever)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Heres the deal, i didn't ask you those questions for no reason. It really depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to do one thing you may need to use X, if youre trying to do something else you may need to use Y, or you may need to use X and Y..

Its not like this question is asked a lot and theres a common answer. For the most part nothing is common in web/coding. Everything will depend on multiple variable. Variables that I was trying to start to get out of you.

So unless you can give me some more info I don't think I can help you. Try and give us as much info as you can, and we will try to help. If you can't give me much more info I personally can't recommend anything. Maybe someone else can, but Im sure they will have questions of their own first. Probably similar/identical to the ones Ive asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, that's a little different...at least it seems that way. 1-2 years usually means you want to think about something.

To answer your question the best way I'm capable of, I'd suggest you may not want a "theme" at all as such...but rather, you start with a stripped down theme such as this as your base.

Maximus | Welcome to my blog!

You don't actually use the theme as anything other than your visual. It's just an idea of something simple. You can always add stuff in later on to the theme. And a lot of your layout will depend on what exactly you build anyway, which is probably why you're having a tough time finding a template.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads