Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: image quality

Member #

image quality

Hi,

I'm putting together a website in wordpress - but for the life of me I cant work out why the images are not displaying correctly. Antenatal & Hypnobirthing Classes Tamworth, Coventry & Warwickshire

If you look the header is fudgy and further down the home page the "relax" banner is the same.

The odd thing about the banner is that ive designed it in severa sizes from 300px to 2000px but no matter what size when uploaded onto the page they display at exactly the same size. which is about 1/3 of the displayed sized. I have to stretch the image to get it to fit the space I want it to occupy - which causes the distortion. 7

The header displays at the right size but again no matter how big I make the images its fudgy.

what am I doing wrong?

Ive no idea about this stuff - can anyone help?

Member #
    Liked
    731 times
    Only use the large images, and let CSS resize them for the "responsive" screen size rendering.

Get rid of your 300px images and only use the 2000px ones.

Once your browsers load an image, if you change it and use the same name, it will still load the "old one". It has the old image cached.

Make a new 2000px image and give it a new name. Use that new name.

The only other suggestion is to find a freelancer that can help you. Give him or her the large images, and also access to your webhost and WP account. Sometimes, customizing a WP theme is not as easy as the theme author makes it seem. Things don't always work right.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    You can actually do both, although it's somewhat tricky. You can use the wider image for your larger resolutions, but not 2000 pixels. 1200 would do the trick.

For smaller resolutions, use the 300 pixel image and use it as a background for your appropriate resolutions. The theme you're using has media queries built in already. These are the parts that read @media only screen and (max-width: 959px). For each "max-width", design a header, save it to your server, and use that image as your background.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    731 times
    The WP theme being used is "daily dish pro".

Viewing the theme author site, and comparing it to Antenatal site, it appears like something is not set-up correctly with the Antenatal site.

The Antenatal site is broken when screen size reduced. That may add to the problem with the banner.

Here are other sites using the same WP theme:
    https://wpsniffer.com/daily-dish-pro-wordpress-theme/5440

Last edited by mlseim; Dec 31st, 2015 at 06:19 PM.

Remove Ads