Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Website for 50% partnership in business venture?

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Graphic design and web design are two completely different things. Also, both my local small university and community college have internships available. In web design or development it is sometimes necessary to find a business interested in getting services on your own - not too many are willing in my rural area but will if the price is right.

    It is possible to find jobs and internships online, almost always in large cities. Of course the jobs almost always require experience or at least a couple of internships. An internship can lead to a job if the company is impressed with your work.
    If you look at job searches available most of the positions require web design knowledge to go along with Graphic Design. They are integrated now in most businesses.

  2.  

  3. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    There are many purposes of my business plan one is to create a place where students can easily gain the experience they need as long as they are willing to invest the time to acquire free random knowledge to fulfill the needs of the business. Professional experience meaning following guidelines to meet the over all goals of the business in order to receive an income in which they can acquire the knowledge they are in need of and/or to help with everyday life.

  4. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    Okay I will admit companies them selves do offer internship programs and some schools do too but answer me this how many internship openings are there in comparison to the amount of students in the schools. The other thing is internship openings are not specific to the educational establishment. One company will have a set number of internship openings and they all will be open to multiple educational establishments. The companies which leave it to the students them selves to apply for the internship slots how many of them are open in comparison to the amount of students who apply? It would almost be safe to say for every one internship opening there at very least one hundred students that are applying for the slot. In bigger cities like New York it may be increased ten fold. What about the rest of the students who accumulate the tens of thousands of dollars in debt for acquiring the education?
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

  5. #14
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,480
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2784 times
    Okay, I have more thoughts on this that depend on your answer to this two-part question, and I'll share them in the morning: are you talking about easier access to internship programs for aspiring graphic/web design professionals? And are those internships paid, unpaid, or both?
    Thetutguy likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

  6. #15
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,923
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Look. This may be the first time you have tried this, but its not the first time we have heard it. The main issues we all have is that 1, we don't know you. I don't mean that you haven't been here long enough, i mean we "personally" don't know you. 2, we have bills to pay, this is our careers, and while you may or may not have some very nice offers for ways to pay us back later. We can't tell our landlords or banks that when the rent is due. 3, and to me probably the most important, Ideas are WORTHLESS, its all about execution. Very common business logic there.

    Its nothing personal. We just can't risk it, or I can't anyway. It has nothing to do with if I think your idea is good or bad, its just that at this point in time its not realistic.

    Another thing. I mentioned that we would be doing 90% of the work, you still haven't said what you have been doing for the business and what you plan to do while the site is being built.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thetutguy likes this.

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Okay, I have more thoughts on this that depend on your answer to this two-part question, and I'll share them in the morning: are you talking about easier access to internship programs for aspiring graphic/web design professionals? And are those internships paid, unpaid, or both?
    I am assuming you mean if they work for my company do I consider them paid or unpaid interns. Neither. I consider them contracted employees.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:27 PM.

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Look. This may be the first time you have tried this, but its not the first time we have heard it. The main issues we all have is that 1, we don't know you. I don't mean that you haven't been here long enough, i mean we "personally" don't know you. 2, we have bills to pay, this is our careers, and while you may or may not have some very nice offers for ways to pay us back later. We can't tell our landlords or banks that when the rent is due. 3, and to me probably the most important, Ideas are WORTHLESS, its all about execution. Very common business logic there.

    Its nothing personal. We just can't risk it, or I can't anyway. It has nothing to do with if I think your idea is good or bad, its just that at this point in time its not realistic.

    Another thing. I mentioned that we would be doing 90% of the work, you still haven't said what you have been doing for the business and what you plan to do while the site is being built.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We? Are you the voice of everyone on this thread? I think you mean; you just can't risk it.

    To answer your question about what I will be doing while the website is being built I am a graphic designer with little knowledge on web coding you work on the coding while I work on the design portion of it. There are costume elements in which the site will need to function in a manner specifically for this business. Also I will be working on a kick starter campaign because a kick starter campaign will help with the initial PR or publicity. The funds accumulated from the kickstarter will be used to fund the travailing from state to state visiting state universities, Community and technical schools including trade shows to inform the public on the benefits of doing business with our company. Once the site is complete and public I will start working on the Broken link building and extensive broken link building to maximize the amount of exposure possible by means of fixed links.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:58 PM.

  9. #18
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,923
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    We? Are you the voice of everyone on this thread? I think you mean; you just can't risk it.
    Fair enough, but I think in this situation I can speak for those around us as we all have said the same things.

    Again, nothing personal. Its just bad business man.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thetutguy likes this.

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Member #
    53421
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Fair enough, but I think in this situation I can speak for those around us as we all have said the same things.

    Again, nothing personal. Its just bad business man.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you the 49% is bad business but as I said before "I knew almost no one would do the job if it wasn't equal terms. I knew some of the reasons for why this is but I also knew that there must be more reasons then I have already thought about. I wanted to get the full perspective of why people wouldn't do it. flat out that is the reason."

    I have every intent in going 50/50% in the case I find the right person.

    I am the pioneer and I need the scientist without him/her there can be no business. We play equal parts there should be equal stakes.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Feb 25th, 2016 at 12:15 AM.

  11. #20
    Senior Member Vapr_Arts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,923
    Member #
    37412
    Liked
    544 times
    Except you don't play equal parts.. What do you do? The other person is building the site, which is a huge majority of the work wouldn't you agree?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com