Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Website for 50% partnership in business venture?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Even now you cannot see what I mean. This is just not worth the effort. If you were interested in carrying on a conversation or discussion your attitude might change a bit, but at this point I doubt it.
    I don't know if I would say its not worth the effort. If he is taking what we say and considering it its not worthless. We don't have to agree on things for this to be a discussion. Arguments are very helpful when everyone is level headed and not stubborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Even now you cannot see what I mean. This is just not worth the effort. If you were interested in carrying on a conversation or discussion your attitude might change a bit, but at this point I doubt it.
    Ok read what your typing out loud and tell me this isn't you trying to make an effort to control my trend of thought. "If I were interested in holding a discussion my attitude might change a bit?" So in other words if my attitude doesn't change I am what? Incapable of further continuing a discussion? If anything I would say that I would be incapable of furthering a discussion with you and you alone because you are unsatisfied with the direction in which this discussion is going. If you have nothing to add to this discussion but another indirect or direct complaint than please do me a favor and don't respond. I rather continue with the discussion.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Now that, thats out of the way true or false with any business created there are likely to be copycat companies which pop up?

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    .... and it goes off the tracks ...

trainwreck.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    Now that, thats out of the way true or false with any business created there are likely to be copycat companies which pop up?
    Most likely.

After reading this properly:

Quote Originally Posted by Thetutguy View Post
    There are many purposes of my business plan one is to create a place where students can easily gain the experience they need as long as they are willing to invest the time to acquire free random knowledge to fulfill the needs of the business. Professional experience meaning following guidelines to meet the over all goals of the business in order to receive an income in which they can acquire the knowledge they are in need of and/or to help with everyday life.
    ...it really looks like you have a win-win-win plan.

If there are copycats (covering other industries as well), that's a positive thing too, in my opinion; if they were to abide by the same moral principles as you.

Not sure if something like this has already been done, but it sure is interesting.
    Last edited by Fokie; Mar 02nd, 2016 at 08:46 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokie View Post
    Most likely.

After reading this properly:

...it really looks like you have a win-win-win plan.

If there are copycats (covering other industries as well), that's a positive thing too, in my opinion; if they were to abide by the same moral principles as you.

Not sure if something like this has already been done, but it sure is interesting.
    The way I envisioned my business is to offer something that has already been offered but doing so by offering insensitives to everyone. Let's face it the service that is offered today sucks. The service has been done time and time again and no one but the host profits from it. Adding insentives is the biggest game changer. But with the service I choose to work with will not work unless it is all around insentives. This means everyone profits from the re-engineering process to create a better service.

Getting back to the point about copycat companies. It has been known to happenore often than not where someone evolutionizes a product or service and does it in a manner where improving the product or service to the maximum potential. This is where business creators fail because now they have improved them to their maximum partential and leave nothing foreseeable to improvement. When this happens it is like playing roulette. Who knows where the next improvement is going to come from? Most likely it isn't going to be the same person. It will probably be one of the competitors and when a leading business falls very rarely do they come back. The key to success in this instance is to improve the keys while leaving room for improvement. This way when you notice the competitors start catching up you spring another improvement on them to keep them behind you. You never go all out on a product or service you're selling. It's called setting yourself up for failure.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 05th, 2016 at 04:35 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok, I'm not going to show any fear and I'm just going to jump into the deep end with the pros.

As an Entrepreneur working on his own thing right now I feel I have a little to add. I admit I haven't read this entire thread and I joined WDF to start getting my name out there. Just being honest.

49% makes me ask myself, "Is the idea so bad you have to give away half the company before it's even started?" There's Venture Capitalist, Small Business Loans, and the old "Blood, Sweat and Tears" approach. Quit a few successfull small business owners have told me the same thing, "It's not the business 'idea' but the business 'model' that makes your idea a success" And nearlly every successful model starts from the ground and works it's way up. Meaning you have a foundation venture that funds a 'framing of the walls' venture and so forth. If you're welling to give away 49% of the company then talk to a Venture Capitalist. If the idea is any good you'll get the money to hire the people to start building the foundation, for a lot less than 49% of the company!

Copycat companies? All I have to say about that is Social Networking: myspace.com, orkut.com, Facebook.com. The same old idea but facebook had a better marketing model.

Personally I think to many companies try to model themselves after another. There's a quote that a business owner told me and has stuck with me through the years. It goes something like, "A successful CEO doesn't have time to wonder what his competitor is doing because a successful CEO is to busy working on what he's doing". A really successfull businees model doesn't try to enter a market, but to create it's own market. But now I'm starting to say to much, lulz!

So, as for taking 49% of a startup before it's even started I would answer with, "Get your business model together and come talk to me". And if you came back after that, I would say no before you even told me your business model and let you figure out why. lulz!

Hopefully that didn't come out as a "here's my ten cents, my two cents is free" kinda' thing. It's just my opinion.

JohnP
    Last edited by lulzicon; Mar 06th, 2016 at 09:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lulzicon View Post
    Ok, I'm not going to show any fear and I'm just going to jump into the deep end with the pros.

As an Entrepreneur working on his own thing right now I feel I have a little to add. I admit I haven't read this entire thread and I joined WDF to start getting my name out there. Just being honest.

49% makes me ask myself, "Is the idea so bad you have to give away half the company before it's even started?" There's Venture Capitalist, Small Business Loans, and the old "Blood, Sweat and Tears" approach. Quit a few successfull small business owners have told me the same thing, "It's not the business 'idea' but the business 'model' that makes your idea a success" And nearlly every successful model starts from the ground and works it's way up. Meaning you have a foundation venture that funds a 'framing of the walls' venture and so forth. If you're welling to give away 49% of the company then talk to a Venture Capitalist. If the idea is any good you'll get the money to hire the people to start building the foundation, for a lot less than 49% of the company!

Copycat companies? All I have to say about that is Social Networking: myspace.com, orkut.com, Facebook.com. The same old idea but facebook had a better marketing model.

Personally I think to many companies try to model themselves after another. There's a quote that a business owner told me and has stuck with me through the years. It goes something like, "A successful CEO doesn't have time to wonder what his competitor is doing because a successful CEO is to busy working on what he's doing". A really successfull businees model doesn't try to enter a market, but to create it's own market. But now I'm starting to say to much, lulz!

So, as for taking 49% of a startup before it's even started I would answer with, "Get your business model together and come talk to me". And if you came back after that, I would say no before you even told me your business model and let you figure out why. lulz!

Hopefully that didn't come out as a "here's my ten cents, my two cents is free" kinda' thing. It's just my opinion.

JohnP
    I can respect your opinion but I believe the quote you displayed was not to be taken literally or was only meant to start a business. This is because if you have had a business long enough to have copycat companies it would be a huge risk to neglect what they are doing. The one thing copycats are notorious for is one uping the already existing market. It doesn't happen right away usually but within time if left unchecked it's inevitable. It is exactly what happened between MySpace and Facebook. If you look at it the format is the same but Facebook saw total customizability for what it really was. A weakness. They saw how hectic and illegible my space was getting and did away with it. MySpace didn't start keeping tabs on Facebook until it was too late.

It was the exact same thing when Tom Scott tried to break into the oil business. With the amount of money Scott had he had the parental to become a major competitor for John Rockefeller if left unchecked. Tom's major industry was railroads and at the time he had the only line transporting oil to Pittsburgh because John's oil lines weren't built in the area. Being this as it may John realized he had to crush his new competitor before he had the opportunity to become a threat. As a result John shut down the Pittsburgh refineries to eliminate the transportation of oil on the Pennsylvania railroad bleeding his competitor dry.

You could either learn from history or make the same mistakes of others before you.

On the point you made about the Venture Capitalists I wish you would have read the whole thread partially because almost no one likes to repeat themselves and I am no different. I will make an exception this time.

Going with a Venture Capitalists and them providing money to hire others is still like a loan. IE. The purpose of finding a partner is to start off in the grey rather than the red.
    Last edited by Thetutguy; Mar 07th, 2016 at 05:15 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Remove Ads