Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Best Ways to Handle Clients

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahswansea View Post
    So she wanted something done quickly, and when it was almost done, started all over again with someone else? So that it would be delayed even more?

You can't help people sometimes!

One of those lessons. Everyone *always* says never take a gig without a contract - but it took me doing it and experiencing first hand why people say that to learn it for real!
    Yes, this is exactly what happened. She has called my three times since asking for me to work with her again because she's having trouble with the next guy. I told her it's because she is asking a lot in a very tight amount of time. She has another big job to be done down the road, but I'm not sure if I'll work with her on it or not. It does sound like she learned her lesson, but at the same time, so have I!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Of course she has a huge job. She told you that she has it now, she'll forget for a few weeks, ask you to do it on the 29th...and oh yeah, she absolutely MUST have it done by the end of the month.

You gotta put a whole lot of gone between you and her. Block her calls (or redirect them if you have a decent VoIP phone line). Block her emails. Hopefully she's not local and if she shows up at your place tell her she can't come in. Don't deal with her.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,

The best answer to your questions are

1. How would you handle it when a client backs out completely with no payment?
    1. -We will send 3 reminder mails to client to let him know that he needs to do the payment.
    -If we have logins with you of all the website data we can make the site down or close all the possible way to reach his website.

2. How would you suggest I avoid this situation in the future and how do YOU screen your clients to be sure they'll actually pay?
    2. This will entirely be based on your judgement that what you are thinking about your client. How you will percieve his/her nature. Gmail updates should be a record of whatever you have communicated, so that you can judge him better by way of speaking and reacting to situations.

3. Would you let this "kill your spirit" to design? Obviously I LOVE what I do, and I'm going to shake it off, but how do you come back from the frustration?
    3. We will avoid talking on call and use the other method of mailing. But backing off is not any solution to this. No one can break my spirit of doing whatever I love to do. So no need to pay attention what people say just keep in mind the good things and avoid bad ones.

[EDIT: link drop removed by TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Mar 08th, 2016 at 07:55 AM.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    1. How would you handle it when a client backs out completely with no payment? (I spent more than 12 hours total within about a 30 hour period).
    Before accepting any kind of job, make sure the client signed in with a contract with you. Then ask for an hourly charge.

2. How would you suggest I avoid this situation in the future and how do YOU screen your clients to be sure they'll actually pay?
    Accept clients that you know personally or from the referrals of your friends, colleagues or clients. Better ask for downpayment.

3. Would you let this "kill your spirit" to design? Obviously I LOVE what I do, and I'm going to shake it off, but how do you come back from the frustration?
    Don't let it kill you. Count it to experience at least you know what to do next if that happens again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads