Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Getting Started in creating responsive html 5 website to showcase photography

Member #

Unhappy Getting Started in creating responsive html 5 website to showcase photography

I really love how the following websites work:

www.mapbox.com
    www.sumup.com

These new website where you're able to scroll down, view big images, funky typography, great use of white space and the ability to view websites properly on different devices i.e. iPhone, iPad, PC etc.

I would really love to learn how to code a website of that type from scratch. Can anyone be kind enough in pointing me in the right direction?

Useful websites, video tutorials etc

I'm a good user of bootstrap and general html and javascript

With the right advice, I feel it will be a lot of fun to learn and I need a website so that customers know that the photography is genius and there's a bit of background story behind it too.

Lastly, does anyone know how you have an image as a full-screen background?

Many thanks

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Find a free responsive HTML template online, download it, and play around with it.
    satindertech likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I was able to make something similar reasonably easy in Dreamweaver without messing with the coding. There are many different ways in getting the job done but if you want total compatability with as little effort as possible I would check out some of the free layout themes of WordPress. Set Up a free Blog and switch between the themes and see if any of them meet your criteria. they also have a good selection of free widgets that might be able to tweak one of the themes to work exactly the way you want it to work.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    You can edit existing bootstrap template. Practice editing it. Then build your own.

Remove Ads