Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Google is redirecting my articles to a spam website

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Google is redirecting my articles to a spam website

I don't know when this happened, but it appears that if you type a search term into google and my articles come up, and then you click it, it takes you to external spam website. I don't know what happened. For example, type "Steve Gadd The Dishmaster" into google, and then click the article. It will take you to something outside my site. I am freaking out, and I am not a coder, so it's hard to figure out how this happened.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

MY SITE IS THE DISHMASTER ? entertainment news with a side of dish

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Unfortunately, this is the problem with a Google search; what you see won't be what I see won't be what anyone else sees. So...you're going to have to show us what you're seeing somehow. The only thing I saw that was even remotely close to what you're describing is a content aggregator blog that links to your article.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I fixed it! Thank you so much. My friend actually did. Someone put redirect code into my htacess file apparently. I'm not sure how they got in but maybe thru a corrupt plugin.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If your .htaccess file got hacked, a plugin is possible but it's not likely.

You have other entry points:

cPanel
    FTP
    WordPress itself
    Any other software that may be installed on your server

Basically, if you're hacked, you do three things:

1) Let your host know. If your friend still has a copy of the hacked .htaccess file, tell him/her to supply it as proof.
    2) Change any and all passwords.
    3) Update any and all software that you can. Whatever's left, get the host to do it.
    khenney likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads