Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Recent Posts by Category in Index

Member #

Recent Posts by Category in Index

I am trying to make my homepage where the top is recent posts by certain categories. I want the title of the category then the 4 most recent posts with the unique layout provided by the themes recipe index. No matter what I try nothing works. I'm hope someone here can help m .

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Are you using Wordpress, or something else? A link to your site, if it's online, would be a big help in understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

Also, without any context, "the unique layout provided by the themes recipe index" doesn't really tell us much. In fact, I tried googling "themes recipe index" in case I was missing something obvious, and the only search result was this post Maybe you could link us to the resource you're referring to?

Member #
    Here is the site Book Boyfriend Blog What is showing on the homepage is the layout format of the recipe index. I want it to show certain categories four most recent posts at the top.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You are using a food theme ...
    I'm guessing the "theme recipe index" is a term the theme author uses.

Neptune - Theme for Food Recipe Bloggers & Chefs - WordPress

There are a couple of methods ...

You could use a plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/recent...tegory-widget/

Or customize the scripting using WP Regex:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Function...t_recent_posts

We have no way of knowing how your theme author has set-up the "main page", "home page", or "front page" ... whatever the theme author has called it. The plugin or scripting would have to occur on that front page if that's where it needs to be.

Since the Neptune theme is not a free download, I can't download and search any of its files to know where the main page scripting is being done. For all I know, the author may have created his/her own plugin or function for that main page.

One of the biggest problems with WordPress is the severe bloating of code. It loads a ton of JQuery (javascripting), numerous plug-ins, and a whole mess of unnecessary code. A good indication of this is how long it takes to load the website / web pages. The loading is long ... in seconds, not microseconds.

On my browser, it took a bit over 5 seconds to load your website. Not so good.
    Last edited by mlseim; Apr 24th, 2016 at 12:55 PM.
    khenney likes this.

Remove Ads