Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By khenney

Thread: Best Book for Learning Website Design

Member #

Best Book for Learning Website Design

I'm in the process of opening my own business and it would benefit me to have a webpage. The problem is I've never really been a computer guy and I'll need to learn it. Any suggestions on a good book or website to help someone completely new to it?

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    If you really want to learn web design, you could start here: https://www.codecademy.com/learn/web
    And, of course, this forum is a good place to ask questions along the way.

That said, I wouldn't recommend learning web design just because your business needs a web site. I assume you wouldn't learn to be an auto mechanic because you're buying a car, or teach yourself law because you need a contract drafted - the time and effort required would be huge, and you can hire a mechanic or lawyer fairly easily.

Developing a web site is no different, so unless it's something you really want to learn and have hundreds of hours to devote to, you'd probably be better off looking for a professional designer to work with.

Or if you don't have the budget for that and just need something basic, a DIY site builder like SquareSpace might be a better option than learning web design from scratch.
    TheGAME1264 and Vapr_Arts like this.
    Kevin Henney
    CRUCIAL CREATIVE
    Web Development - Graphic Design - Branding

Member #
    if you want to learn about website means W3Schools Online Web Tutorials is best choice,and HTML,CSS is basic thing you need to learn.including basic photoshop.

Member #
    I have gone through some books you can try these really good books to study web designing
    HTML AND CSSesign and build website by jon duckett
    JAVASCRIPT AND JQUERY: Interactive front end web development.

Remove Ads