Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mlseim
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: creating simple website for e-commerce

Member #

creating simple website for e-commerce

Would like to create a simple website for e-commerce.
    1. The website would be devoted to various specific product/services group (separate website for each).
    2. The website would list suppliers of the product group.
    3. Initially, the suppliers would be listed free from a random selection of various websites with link to the relevant website.
    4. The idea would be simply to provide an additional point of access to potential customers.
    5. After an initial free period of 6 months, a one time nominal charge of around $50 would be made for the entry to continue.
    6. the website would be prepared and domain registered preferably on free services like sitebuilder.com

can anyone please provide guidance on how to go about creating and functioning the websites?

thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    And you are saying that should be "simple"?

not.
    hiitsme and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Max is right. You have grossly underestimated both the complexity and the cost of your idea; in all likelihood, you did so because it sounds easy in your head.

First of all, you'll need a database.
    Second, you'll need to know a server-side scripting language or framework, preferably a high-end one.
    Third, depending on what you're talking about for "a separate website", you'll need a way for people to be able to edit their "website". You'll need to figure out what they can and can't edit, what they can and can't do, how they show up, etc.
    Fourth, you'll need payment processing and to do it properly you'll need to go through PCI compliance checks.

That's a low-level summary. All the little details will make it even more complicated than it already is.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Show your original post to a freelance programmer and have them give you an estimate.

Member #
    thank you all for your feedback.
    guess as a novice, i am not able to proceed without expert advice.

thanks again

Member #
    i have a domain and hosting can someone suggest if Auction or Dating site which one is the best ?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thalyta003 View Post
    i have a domain and hosting can someone suggest if Auction or Dating site which one is the best ?
    I have wheels and metal. Should I build a car, a bicycle, or a toy?

How can anyone possibly answer your question with any degree of accuracy?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    @TheGAME1264,

Do you mean "wheels and mettle"?
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That, too.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thalyta003 View Post
    It will depends on the domain name first and if it will match for both, then your interest in managing such a site.

Remove Ads