Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Can't access wp admin panel

Hello folks. Few days ago I installed a fresh wp, but could not access the admin panel. When I typed site.com/wp-login.php or /wp-admin the page said that the url was wrong so error was like “404 could not find”. I’ve searched for hours for solutions and almost every one that I found, suggested that the problem is with plugins. Now note that it’s a fresh copy, so I don’t have any plugins installed yet, there’s not even a .htaccess file in the file manager. Permission or w/e that it’s called is also set to 755. When I installed the wp, it gave me the link to the admin panel, when I pressed it, got 404 error. I also got the e-mail with the same link, still it’s 404 error. So can anyone please tell me, how can I access the admin panel.
    I will try to post some images to explain the situation precisely

1)https://i.imgsafe.org/6abab0739b.png
    The message I get after I installed wp
    2)https://i.imgsafe.org/6abce83d7f.png
    When I try to access admin panel
    3)https://i.imgsafe.org/6abe6d11b9.png
    My file manager
    4)https://i.imgsafe.org/6abf877997.png
    Installed wp in the main folder

Even if I delete all the folders that I have and attempt to install fresh wp, it automatically creates that main folder and installs everything inside.
    Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Are you installing this on a free host that doesn't support PHP?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Umm yea, for now it's a free host. I've been planning to upgrade to payed one after I finished setting up the website. And it supports PHP as far as I know. I've been using freehostia for around 3 years ( Had both free and payed hosts) and never had this kind of problem before with wp. Actually I had been running wp website on a free host before and only bought an upgrade, because file upload limit is 500kb and I could not upload files created from flash website. I also bought domain from freehostia

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well...it is a free host, so unfortunately, you get what you pay for sometimes. My suspicion is that they either haven't installed PHP at all or set up the correct MIME type for it. Yes, it does say they allow it but that doesn't necessarily preclude it being properly installed on the server. You'd have to ask them for sure, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks it was really very effective to access wp admin panel.

Remove Ads