Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Getting Xerces Panic Error, cannot load transcoding service.
    I have tried re-installing dreamweaver and I still have the problem. I even went back to the previous checkpoint in xp. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brad

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Filburt had this exactly problem.. .search on the forum for thsi and see what he came up with.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Xerces Panic Error

Thanks... I re-installed (upgrade) XP and it took care of the problem for now.

Member #
    I have the same problem please give me imail of guys who had thi problem
    of link to the patch.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Please read the thread next time before bringing up an older topic. A simple search would have easily resolved your problem.
    [searchwdf]Dreamweaver Xerces Panic Error[/searchwdf]
    The following search brings up two results: this topic, and this thread(started by filburt1) which describes the fix.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by last_vampire
    I have the same problem please give me imail of guys who had thi problem
    of link to the patch.
    Not only is it a violation of common privacy to give out "the guy's" (mine) e-mail address, but it does nothing to benefit the community by solving your problem offline. Also, please note the forum rule that requests that you use proper spelling and grammar while posting.

My solution was to reformat anyway. By sheer coincidence, DW was crashing like crazy on me recently and my only solution was to reformat again. Quite annoying.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Xerces Panic Error

I ran into this last year when my copy of Photoimpact wouldn't load, and I found this solution on another forum.

The problem is apparently a corrupted or changed registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Charset

I went to my laptop (running the same OS, Win98SE), exported the registry key to a floppy, then imported it into my desktop. Photoimpact opened fine.

One member said he simply deleted the key, and although the error message still appeared, his program loaded and ran. I wouldn't try that without backing up the registry first.

Hope this helps,
    JT

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Offhand information... Xerces is an Apache project - it's an XML parser.

Just a guess - it's probably being used by Dreamweaver for XHTML validation.

The issues you guys are seeing are probably due to an Interface (API) change between Xerces versions.

I'm guessing that Dreamweaver was built with an older version of Xerces that has a different interface than the latest version out there.

It's possible that you guys have downloaded or installed a later version that is overriding the old implementation.

You may want to search for Xalan, WebServices, SOAP, or other Apache projects on your computer, too, as they are often packaged with a Xerces implementation.

Steve

Member #
    SOLUTION FOR XERCES ERROR PANIC

Quote Originally Posted by binseattle
    Getting Xerces Panic Error, cannot load transcoding service.
    I have tried re-installing dreamweaver and I still have the problem. I even went back to the previous checkpoint in xp. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brad

SIMPLE FIX TO THIS. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE REGISTER FILES UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DELETING. THE BEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE IS TO GET A REGISTRY FIXING SOFTWARE. I HIGHLY SUGGEST REGISTRY REPAIR 2005. THE ITEM THAT CORRUPTS THIS FILE IS UNDER THE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Charset. There are at least 15 of the same files in the registry under this name. I DONT RECOMEND TO DELETE IT MANUALLY. THERE IS NO NEED TO REFORMAT, AND THERE IS NO NEED TO REENSTALL THE APPLICATION.

HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaLopez
    SIMPLE FIX TO THIS. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE REGISTER FILES UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DELETING. THE BEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE IS TO GET A REGISTRY FIXING SOFTWARE. I HIGHLY SUGGEST REGISTRY REPAIR 2005. THE ITEM THAT CORRUPTS THIS FILE IS UNDER THE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Charset. There are at least 15 of the same files in the registry under this name. I DONT RECOMEND TO DELETE IT MANUALLY. THERE IS NO NEED TO REFORMAT, AND THERE IS NO NEED TO REENSTALL THE APPLICATION.

HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE
    This fix helps really! I ran Registry Repair 2005 and Dreamweaver was up again! Thank you!

Unfortunately I didn't save the Registry before. Having the old Registry in place would be a good testscenario for different registry repair/clean up tools. I would be very interested in the answer of the question if Registry Mechanic would have done the job as well? Does anybody know?

Regards, Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads