Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Need someone to tell me what are the steps to hire a freelancer

Member #

Need someone to tell me what are the steps to hire a freelancer

So I need a website to be built from zero and it need to have integrations with paypal amazon and bitcoin ....what cost should I expect what kind of dev do I need?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You didn't give us much information to go on, but here are my thoughts ...

What you're doing is a business proposition. So you need to make a complete list of specifications and requirements, along with a "story" or explanation of what your site will be used for and your expected audience. Some of what you say might be confidential so you should write-up a non-disclosure agreement that the other party signs, even if they don't become your freelancer. That is common to do. Anyone who freelances or develops websites will expect that.

You should already have done some research to determine if your online business is something that could be sound and profitable. Demographic studies, placement (how many other businesses like it exist and where), who will be running the business, etc. Money set aside for advertising too. You can't just make a website, throw it up on the internet and sit back. If you deal with money, credit cards, and customers, it's a business, full-time, period.

Consider getting some help from a bank or credit union. Your costs could be $5K - $20K depending on what your website/business really is. Small business loans are easy to get in some areas of the U.S. (not sure where you are at).

If you are just thinking of doing a website that uses paypal, amazon and bitcoin ... a website that you are just going to "try-out" and see how it goes, or "I'm going to work it out as I go along", or "It's an idea I had and a programmer will make it work" ... don't waste your time. It will be too expensive and any freelance programmer is going to want to be paid at least 1/2 ahead of time. You pay them whether your website works or not. That's why I wrote the paragraphs above. The whole thing is your risk, not the freelancers. It takes money to make money, and most new businesses fail. You might have to fail 4 times before you have a successful business. That could be $100K in losses. That's life.
    Last edited by mlseim; Dec 19th, 2016 at 05:25 AM.
    delstu likes this.

Remove Ads