Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Beginner Stock Photo Website

Hello!

I'm new here so hi all, I'm new to the website design game. I have done some basic coding papers back at university that were based around science and engineering so I have the fundamental knowledge of how programming works.

I have recently picked up photography as a hobby and am keen to try and sell some of my photos through a website. Since I have nearly no idea where a beginner should start, I have come here for some advice.

The site I would like to function similar to other stock photography sites i.e you can search for photos by tags and ideally have them lumped in groups e.g I want a photo of a tractor so I search through the site and all the photos of tractors come up. Once clicked on the whole shoot of the tractor shows or other photos from that day shooting or something along those lines.

Then if someone would like to purchase the photo they can and the un-watermarked photo is sent to them along with the license they purchased.

What I would ideally like to know is the best way to go about setting this up and how I would integrate the sales functionality into the website. Of course this is the first step and later on I'd look to include advertising and other functions to properly get people to the site.

All advice is welcomed and thanks in advance!

Sam

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi,
    you can refer following website for getting real idea of what you really want to do with your website,

1.https://www.shutterstock.com/search/buy
    2.https://www.fotoli

thanks,
    Tanzil Chauhan

Member #
    You can go to shutterstock or devaintart

Remove Ads