Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mlseim

Thread: How to create a Mailing List for my Website

Member #

How to create a Mailing List for my Website

I need to create a list of users that i can be sending newsletters to them daily. Please how do I do it?
    Thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my P5W using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Several questions ....

Are you going to send them a PDF (attached), or plain text email, or HTML email?

If a person signs-up to see a newsletter each day, why wouldn't they just rather go to your website and see it? It would be annoying to get an email everyday from one website ... especially because you know it's a newsletter that you can just view online.

Is your website a plain self-made site, a WordPress site, a free site like WIX or Weebly?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Several questions ....

Are you going to send them a PDF (attached), or plain text email, or HTML email?

If a person signs-up to see a newsletter each day, why wouldn't they just rather go to your website and see it? It would be annoying to get an email everyday from one website ... especially because you know it's a newsletter that you can just view online.

Is your website a plain self-made site, a WordPress site, a free site like WIX or Weebly?
    Thanks for the response.

I want to send them a HTML email.

My site is self made, not WordPress and the rest.

My reason for wanting to design a good newsletter system is to use it as a form of notification for new content. If you do not like it, you might as well unsubscribe.

Please do you have a good tutorial pdf or website link that can help me? I do freelance work, potential clients may need this tool.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my P5W using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    How many subscribers do you anticipate?

If you use a shared webhost, they will limit the number of emails per hour, per day, per month, etc. That makes it a bit harder to program.

There are already so many existing scripts available (PHP, MySQL). How much PHP scripting do you know? Most people would probably just use MailChimp or some other service. They cost money but then again, if you use a shared webhost like GoDaddy, you'll be limited to their rules on sending mass emails.

To learn how to do scripting it would be OK to create your own. Otherwise, in my opinion, you are spending time on something that already exists. Find an existing PHP newsletter script.
    ugochukwu95 and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there, a good free tool for building up your mailing list is mailchimp.com. If you have a bit of money to spend, you may want to look at something like infusionsoft or convertkit. Once you sign up, I imagine both would have detailed tutorials on how to set up, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Mailchimp you can do what I do:

1. I have 62,787 Subscribers as of today, this is way more emails than my current server could ever handle.
    2. I store my subscriber's e-mails in an SQL database.
    3. I use PHPmailer to send a customised e-mail that I construct in PHP.
    4. I do not use my web server to send the e-mails.
    5. You can create a free Amazon SES account their prices for sending e-mails are very cheap, I send over 200,000 e-mails a month and my bill is rarely more than 1 a month.

Remove Ads