Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Need help!

Member #

Need help!

I am trying to start an online business, it's a memebership base website. I've tried WordPress but I can't figure it out. I've tried researching how but I get nothing. If anyone can give me advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The short, trite, sadly correct answer: "you don't".

If you can't figure out WordPress, a membership-based website is going to be several levels over your head. Your members will fill out forms strangely. People "won't be able to apply online". You'll have people TYPING IN ALL CAPS FOR REASONS KNOWN ONLY TO SATAN HIMSELF. And all sorts of crazy stuff in between.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    It seems to me that your options are to figure out WordPress or to hire someone to create the site. There is nothing for a membership site that is easier to use than WordPress. There are a million step by step tutorials on YouTube as far as the basic site. As far as the membership goes there is a really good free plugin called Paid membership Pro. I believe there are also a few tutorials on YouTube about that plugin as well.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    It seems to me that your options are to figure out WordPress or to hire someone to create the site. There is nothing for a membership site that is easier to use than WordPress. There are a million step by step tutorials on YouTube as far as the basic site. As far as the membership goes there is a really good free plugin called Paid membership Pro. I believe there are also a few tutorials on YouTube about that plugin as well.
    Yeah, I found the membership pro plugin and I was trying to figure out how to add it. The videos I watched had me downloading software and creating a database. I will look more into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    What is the membership site all about? There has to be way more than just members signing up.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In my experience, people's levels of learning are very much different than 20 years ago. Take advantage of YouTube and watch simple tutorial videos about WordPress (or another format if you prefer, but WP i the easiest and most popular CMS). A lot of people make fun and entertaining videos on there to really help others learn at a faster rate.

And once you get into working within WordPress, you may want to check out a popular plugin called BuddyPress - a very friendly, but advanced, membership plugin.

Remove Ads