Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Keep Getting a WARNING This Site is Dangerous

Member #

Keep Getting a WARNING This Site is Dangerous

Yesterday I was trying to visit the site on my pc and no matter which browser I used, I kept getting a warning that this site was dangerous and that phishing was found.

I tried using it on my tablet and of course I didn't get the warning there???

Why does it keep popping up on my system?

Member #
    Liked
    657 times
    I get that warning too.

I am a staff member but have no administrative rights to check into the webhost stuff.

The actual owners of this site are hard to find, and I'm not sure if they are even paying attention.

Just know that you are not the only one.

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    I've been getting the same warning for almost a week. I would think this limits the amount of traffic to the site and very few posts are being made.
    Last edited by delstu; Apr 13th, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    657 times
    I agree, but unless someone who has authority to contact the webhost does just that, it won't change.

Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    This started happening to us last week also. We can get past the warning except in Firefox and Chrome. We're totally shut out in those 2 browsers.

And I agree, I think this is slowing down people visiting the site and they stop and not go any further. This is not the fist time we've had this problem with this site.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child"

Member #
    Liked
    657 times
    I'm using Firefox, but I get the warning each time I visit, and have to "ignore it".

Member #
    I am using firefox and chrome and have to click to ignore it as well...glad to know its not just me though

Member #
    Liked
    2748 times
    It's not. There's a mod thread about it as well. Believe us, we know. As Max said, though, we can't do a thing about it unfortunately.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    160 times
    I talked to 2 developers this morning, one in Florida and one in Texas. They both said they were getting the same warning and didn't try to access the site. So yes, the warning is definitely keeping people from visiting the site.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child"

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    I would agree that it is keeping people from the site. I usually use Chrome and get the warning and usually just don't come on but if I use IE it doesn't give the warning. Hopefully someone will be able to get this resolved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads