Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Confused please look at my site glitches and HELP

Hi

I hope no one minds me joining the site and putting this post on the forum I am not a competent web developer and I am using Theme x and creating in wordpress. have been trying to develop a site since January for a music agency I am launching I am trying to create 2 templates within the theme 1. Home page 2. Act Pages and a few others but these are the primary templates I need and everything else is ok. I am pleased with my results in terms of styling and layout but the functionality of the site is really not working me and following issues have left me confused and bewildered :

1. Jerky scrolling and images looking like they are vibrating when scrolling
    2. Parallax images big block of white

This wouldn't be so bad if it was the same on every browser and machine but its not and everyone speak to says it looks fine to them (I know I am a perfectionist but it really isn't right) currently the essential grid plugin people say they can't see an issue, my theme support have said they are unable to see an issue and iMac support say they can't see an issue (inspite of me going to an iMac shop and all computers showed the glitches). Last night I contacted a web developer and he said he can't see the issue either.

AS you can imagine this is very confusing and frustrating and I have got to the stage I don't know if it is a theme issue / plugin issue / browser issue/ computer issue

So in comes you !!!!

Would some of you mind looking at my site (links not set up as not doing this until the issue is resolved) :

1. Home Page : elasticlounge.com
    2. Act directory : elasticlounge.com/our-acts

It is worst on the home page so that is the main one to look at but I also developed the directory as I thought it may be a result ion too many grids on one page but I can still see the images vibrating on scroll.

Would you please have a look and see if you can see the issue and if so offer any advise on a solution ? can you also include what computer and browser your using.

Thanks for you help !!!!

Tim

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Are you saying it's bad on a smaller screen device, like ipad or smartphone?

Yes, on a huge desktop screen it glitches, but that's because of the huge photos, sliding screens, and refresh rate of a monitor. Nothing you can do about that. I would say your site is meant to be viewed on a small screen.

I think it looks good, and I don't see a problem.

Member #
    Thanks so much for your reponse I really value our feedback yes you nailed it its great on phone iPad etc as soon as I go to my new Imac it plays up. Was hoping to find a solution but looks like I may have to replan the page as it needs to be able ti be viewed on desktop so frustrating as I have literally just got to the point that I'm happy and really didn't want to start changing the layout again.

Not sure if you have seen the parallax issue as well basically I shows as the image and a big block of white in both sections. When I clear cache on my iMac (safari) it works fine and the parallax works as soon as I purge the cache on WP and refresh it happens again. Any idea what is causing that or any advise ?
    Thanks for you input

Regards

TIm
    Last edited by confused beyond belief; May 23rd, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I think you might be seeing something related to screen size once again.

With desktops and laptops, there are variations in screen sizes (widths).

Try this with your desktop ....

1) Open your website on your desktop with the page maximized.
    Scroll down and you'll see the white space above images (like you mentioned).

2) Now, click the icon to allow you to change the browser window size. "The maximize/reduce" icon.
    So instead of maximize, you can now grab the right side of window and make the window smaller.

3) Reduce it a bit and scroll ... keep reducing and scrolling. You'll see that white space start to disappear.

At a certain point of making your browser window smaller, you'll notice a few things happening. All of a sudden things will "jump" on your screen and possibly change positions. Columns will collapse into fewer or single columns. This is because within the CSS style sheet file, there are settings that look for screen widths. When the screen width hits one of those values, it takes-on new or different CSS styles.

Keep reducing until you notice the top-right of your website changes to a "hamburger" menu button. "hamburger" is that icon with three lines that looks like a hamburger. That is the point where someone using an ipad will now see that menu button. The images and everything falls into a vertical layout.

Your images are 1440 pixels wide. But a user's desktop browser window might be 1600 or 1920. That does something because your image is not wide enough. As you reduce your browser window, that white space probably goes away around 1440 pixels.

Increase the width of your images? That might work.

You'll want wider images and proportional height, but you may not want the actual picture (people and things) to be bigger. So you'll have to use Photoshop to do something with the added width, maybe blur-out a background on the outer edges?

For sure, make one image 2000 pixels wide and see what happens. Just to experiment.

Remove Ads