Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question About Flash-Based Websites & The Future

I was not sure what forum to post this in, so apologies if I chose poorly ...

- For those of us who in the past made super-complete all-flash based websites, and spent a multitude of endless hours building our fantastic flash websites, myself speaking, I in the past used Swish to build my sites, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you familiar's out there the countless hours and work put into making my websites.

But since now Flash-based sites, or anything flash for that matter is going to be a thing of the past, what do we do now? I mean, I've made some really cool interactive flash websites in the past, stuff that just cannot be done without flash. I am completely new to HTML5, but I know the stuff I've built with Swish can't be replicated that way.

So what about it? is that the end and there is nothing more to be said about it?
    ... if so, well, I think it's ashame ..

Just interested in opinions.

~thanks
    Last edited by x432hz; Jun 13th, 2017 at 06:34 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Many years ago I spent hundreds of dollars on a Sony Betamax video recorder. Well, beta format never succeeded. VHS was the norm. Flash is the Betamax of 2015. I feel your pain.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Unfortunately, that would be the case. Like any other technology, Flash will be obsolete and will be replaced by someone better. It's an endless cycle. You'll focus on one thing now, put countless hours on it, then it would get replaced eventually. Hopefully, that won't be the case with romantic partners. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Most hardcore flash devs I know who wanted to stick with the types of things they're used to making have moved to HTML5's Canvas API.

Adobe even has a suite built to do the same things in Canvas that you would normally have done in Flash. Can't remember what it's called, and have no idea if it works the same way, but it's something to look into.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads