Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Question How do I choose where my plugins go?

Okay, so I can barely figure out how to install a plugin and put in on a new post. But my problem is I don't want to put it on a post at all, I want to put it in a page, right in the middle of my article. How is this best accomplished? Thank you in advance for your help, I'm pretty lost on my own I'm not going to lie.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Are you talking about WordPress?

And explain what the plugin is, and is it supposed to appear in the middle of every page, or certain pages. Define what you mean by "article" as opposed to a "post". A real link to your site would be helpful too.

Member #
    Yes I'm using wordpress, sorry I should have mentioned that before. Anyway, here's an update I managed (really it was a happy accident) to get the mortgage calculator to work beneath my page. Now my problem is it's under all my pages now. Here's the link to my site Save Money Fund Life ? Helping you save money, so you can do the things you love..

I'll tell you how this happened if that helps. So I went through that particular mortgage calculator plugin and found that I could add it to a new post. I wasn't thinking and named the new post the same thing as my only existing post, the post that shows up on my home page. Then I realized what I had done and tried to erase it, I erased that post and now the plugin shows up beneath every page. This is, to the best of my knowledge, what happened.

I originally wanted to put the plugin within my article about refinancing, however, it being under the page is acceptable although not ideal. But I don't want it to be under every page on my site.

Member #
    BTW, when I made this post originally, I was going to add several different plugins, which is why I didn't just go back to the other thread I made just about the calculator.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    This might be really hard to answer now, because I don't have access to the admin dashboard. Is this an actual wordpress plugin that you found online and installed?

Member #
    Yes it is. What could I do to get you more information?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    What you're wanting to do will depend largely on how the plugin is built. Many plugins have what's called a shortcode. Those shortcodes allow you to drop a short piece of code into the post editor, and the plugin's widget will be displayed in the article.

Take a look through the documentation for the plugin or link it here so we can look. What you're looking for is that shortcode to output the widget in a post or page.

Here's a plugin that will create a shortcode system for your widgets if the one you're using doesn't have one. Warning, I've never used this plugin, so I don't know if it works: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-shortcode/
    Last edited by Ronald Roe; Jul 02nd, 2017 at 05:01 AM.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Show us where you got the plugin from ... what it's called, and the plugin author name.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    What kind of plugin that can not be customized for an optional page?

Member #
    I got it directly from the WordPress dashboard, it's called "Responsive Mortgage Calculator" and "liddweaver" is the author.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads