Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Red face How to upload a document to website

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to figure out how to add something to my website. I need to add this sheet of paper which is a request service form. It has tons of fields a client needs to fill out. I need to put that exact form on a page on my website where they could fill it out and when they click send it goes to my email. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and you would be helping me out tremendously. Thank you in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You would normally have the person register and login. Then when they fill out the form on your web page, it saves the data into a database. You access that with an admin panel. You would not need to use email other than a notification that someone filled out a form. The user who filled it out can log-in to see status of the request and also see any notes you added. Sort of a dialog between the user and you as the service is performed.

That would be the preferred method as everything is online (no paper). Data is saved in a database and emails are for notification and confirmation, not the actual data.

But ... the case below requires a paper copy (printed on an official state form) ... using PDF files ...

Here is the method for doing PDF files using PHP ...

If the form is a PDF, you can use FPDF/FPDI to actually use PHP to write on a PDF, and output the result as a real PDF.

So you have 2 options with using PHP.

1) You have a form on your website, they fill out the form and submit. You use FPDF (which is free) to generate the service request form. PHP outputs the form as a PDF file. With this option, FPDF actually creates the PDF, of your own design and creation.

2) You have an existing PDF form that someone else made and you need to only fill-in the form. This requires FPDF and FPDI, which takes an existing PDF and allows you to write on top of it. PHP then merges the result into 1 PDF.

A real example using FPDF and FPDI ...

Here is the real Texas CHL-100 (License to carry firearm) training certificate:
    https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetFo...ms/CHL-100.pdf

Now, an instructor who teaches the class has to fill out a CHL-100 for each student in the class.

They can use PHP with FPDF and FPDI to read data from a website form or database and create a filled-out PDF on-the-fly. It also takes the instructors signature (which is a PNG image) and puts that on the PDF as well.

This is a real PHP script generating the PDF from the actual Texas DPS form.
    I have this script as an example to show instructors in Texas how PHP can generate their forms automatically for them ...

http://www.catpin.com/texas

When you run the script, it will allow you to open or save the PDF.
    Last edited by mlseim; Jun 27th, 2017 at 08:50 PM.

Member #

Thanks!

Thank you so much! I will try and figure all of this out. I'm glad to know that it is possible. Well wish me luck thanks again for the information.

Remove Ads