Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Need help in designing a multi site website

Member #

Need help in designing a multi site website

Hi all.

I am currently building a website where I want to let users access different themes (like envato market) to preview them live.

I also want the users to create a profile and login where they can have limited access in editing these "live preview" sites and then purchase what they have created.

They should only be able to edit colors, text and be able to upload their own logo ect.

I think there would need to be a duplicate, temporary site created which can be discarded if the user decides not to purchase it.

I have an idea of how to do this.

thanks a lot!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Holy cow!
    That's going to be a huge project. A lot of programming, or you'll have to hire someone. It won't be cheap. I would say you'll be looking at the $5 - $10K range?
    Boshoff likes this.

Member #
    Yes, that is what I thought as well.
    Luckily i have coders in house, I was just wondering if someone has done it before or if there is an easier way etc.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I have not done anything on that scale

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    That's going to be a lot of backend passing commands to the servers' shell. I've never done anything like that, but I can kind of envision how something like this might work. Basically, you're going to probably have to be able to spin up virtual servers that serve out of a subdirectory, like http://c9.io does. That, or maybe write to the server's config so it knows where that user's assets are and on what URL to serve it on.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads