Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

How can I make my website region specific

Hi,
    I currently have a site which compares products within Australia and I would like to expand to the USA and the UK. However, I only want people from Australia to view products from Aus and people living in the USA to view products within the USA etc. This is because the products I am comparing only sell within their countries.

I was going to add a drop down box for the user to select their country, but I think it'll look messy because I already have 2 drop down boxes for users to select. Plus I want this to be simple.

I am using Wordpress.com for my website base so if anyone knows of a plugin that could help me with this, that would be great too.

Thanks,
    Scott.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times

Member #
    Thanks for the info. I had a quick look at those but still a bit confused how it works for email subscriptions etc. When people subscribe, I'll be keeping them up to date with any specials etc.

How do I separate these emails? Or can these plugins do that too?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Your original question said nothing about email subscriptions. It was about viewing products based on geographic location.

So now, you are correct that subscription and "registered membership" parts would be an entirely different plugin.

There are so many, too many, possibilities ...
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...=1499688973668

They differ in features, different platforms, may or may not include geographic locating.

Expect to pay something for a plugin you can use. The difficulty of your project just got harder with memberships (subscriptions).

Remove Ads