Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Updating Webpage Advice

Member #

Updating Webpage Advice

So I have an intranet webpage that shows that status of our systems (whether they are up or down), and I would like to make it so that it is easier to update than just changing the html code every time something changes.

What would be the best way to do this? I have looked into web-forms, but is there a much simpler way that I am just missing? Sorry if this is a very obvious thing.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Do you have access to the server, where you can use PHP or Perl? You're saying 'intranet', so I'm assuming this is something NOT on the world-wide-web.

It would be a PHP script that dynamically displays status. It could be javascripting too, or a mix of PHP and javascripting.

Not sure what "our systems" means.

EDIT:
    Do you have two "systems"? Meaning you have your 'intranet', but separately you have other computers that are on the internet, with access to the web. Some companies use both, but they are kept separate for security reasons.
    Last edited by mlseim; Jul 11th, 2017 at 05:27 AM.

Member #
    I should have clarified what I meant by our systems. I just mean the status our the different applications we use, whether they are up or down.

I do have access to the server, but I am looking for a way to make it easier to change their status for someone who does not need any knowledge of html.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Still too vague.
    What are the "applications"?

There are probably several different paths to take, and it could be 'hardware' or 'software'. I mention hardware because you could even have an LED lighted box on a wall that changes color depending on "status".
    busso likes this.

Remove Ads