Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Wordpress edit page php

Hi,
    I just inherit my school website from the previous website chair. He used Wordpress to edit his website. When I use wordpress I have no idea how to get access to the source code using the Wordpress medium. I used Page > Edit. Can you help me out where to find the source code and edit it ?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    We are going to assume that wordpress is installed on the website ... where the website is hosted by a shared webhost, such as GoDaddy. I mention this because you can actually have a wordpress website hosted by wordpress.

When you say "edit", do you mean the look and layout of the site, or the content?

Let's assume you mean the look and layout ...

What you'll be editing will be the wordpress theme. And you only edit the theme files. Technically, you would be creating "child theme" files. That way, if someone updates the theme revision, your changes will not be overwritten.

So this now gets into an issue of training and experience. You've been given the task of editing the website without any knowledge or experience.

Be more specific on what you need to edit, and what your responsibilities are. Tell us why you need to edit the source code ... or do you mean the content?
    Last edited by mlseim; Sep 01st, 2017 at 06:33 AM.

Remove Ads