Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Another wierd question on starting point!

Ok learning a lot and definitely see why professionals like to start any project by coding it by themselves. I get the CMS, CSS, PHP and all that goes on behind the scenes for a successful site. I also started with learning more coding via the websites suggested to learn I found on this forum. I also joined my local group I found via same website. I also understand it take at least a year to get somewhat good with many hours put in ....

Ok my question for the pros and I am trying my best to get my labels/terms correct. If you where called in to help a site that has been up and running for sometime to either fix something that went wrong, help design visually or add something like a membership for a fee, paid webinars eg.... what would you hope the person started with?

Without self coding because that is out of my reach for now. WP with theme - child theme like Astra and page builder beaver- gensis with dynamic or avada with their builder?

This is what I came up with to start with and I would assume simple clean code would be the advise from reading all your comments and advise. I would also assume Astra would be the choice?

I am trying to start right keep the code clean as possible and not clutter code up to slow down site. Also of course easy for pros to figure out and work on.

TY again for sharing your knowledge and experience...Oxygen was also in the mix but honestly had issues with their demo seem not user friendly and glitchy. Which makes a great example why to code oneself I am using GUI and getting further away for what's really happening. I like the idea of child theme so I can dive in and customize myself if needed...

TY again "please don't shoot the newbie" I know this is against what you do and I totally respect the profession and how you feel about how your industry is growing on the GUI side of things. <---- good term

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    If you're looking at WP, there are plenty of plugins for things like membership. If you're trying to do a webinar, Youtube videos can be embedded in a post. IIRC, even live streams can be embedded.

If I were in your shoes, just learning, I would want them to have a WP install going just because the ecosystem is so large. Today, however, literally anything would be fine because if plugins aren't available, I can just make it myself.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads