Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Home page: image selected based on device screen size, and re-sized...

Hi,

I'm a newbie, with a bit of HTML experience. I've programmed in Pascal and a bit of Swift (Xcode).

I want to create a home page for a new web site, with the following conditions:

* if the site is loaded by a phone, I want Image 1 to be selected, which will be sized to fill the phone screen;

* if the site is loaded by a tablet, Image 2 will be selected, and again slightly re-sized to fit the particular device;

* if the site is loaded by a computer, Image 3 will be selected, and re-sized to fill the browser window as
    it is sized on the person's computer -- so that it fills the entire window of the browser.

If this is possible using a free WordPress website, please instruct me... :-)

If not, please direct me to HTML or CSS code which will allow me to do this (and I will break down
    and buy an URL on GoDaddy or wherever).

Thanks so much in advance,

--PDN

Remove Ads