Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Displaying amazonprime or netflix content

I have a question. I have a free wix.com site i have been missing around with and i am curious to know if there is a way to have it display the content(thumbnails of the movies/shows) from amazon prime or netflix. Im not the biggest fan of the amazon prime website so i wanted to kind of make my own roku website sort of speak where it displays the thumbnails of all the shows and movies, oh and have a list of generea i can click on and it will display all of them under that particulzr genre. Also a search bar that will search netdlix and amazon prime and bring up the thumbnails. Then when a thumnail is clicked, it launches the movie or show

I have selectTV and rabbit tv but they only list the top 30.

Is this idea possible and if so, is it easily done? I have no coding what so ever. Just want my own unique version of roku or somethin

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I poked around on Amazon's developer resources. It doesn't look like they expose a public API. It also looks like Netflix shut theirs down a few years ago.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So how do services like rabbit tv or select tv display them? Do they just create their own thumbnails and link it to the movie/show?

Maybe that is why select tv and rabbit tv only list 30 at a time, but then again the phone app lists them all. Hmm

Man. I just want an organized website for all my stuff haha

Thanks for the reply

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Since you have no coding skills you will have to hire it done. While it sounds simple enough in your mind it is not. Calling up the images will be especially tricky unless someone here has a simpler way of doing this. Getting it done by a developer is going to cost more than you are thinking, probably a lot more.
    Last edited by delstu; Oct 29th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    There's gotta be a way. There always is. Most likely, they have a script that pulls the pages from the Netflix site and parses out the content, grabbing what they want from it. Properly formatted HTML can be parsed out as if it's XML. That's how I'd try to do it anyway. That's also a great way to get your butt blocked once they find you.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well dang. Haha. Next best option.. im gonna contact amazon and give them the idea of letting people customize their amazon prime layout and look. I cant stand it. Netflix is at least pretty good. Its a nice theme and has options for genere selection haha.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    There's gotta be a way. There always is. Most likely, they have a script that pulls the pages from the Netflix site and parses out the content, grabbing what they want from it. Properly formatted HTML can be parsed out as if it's XML. That's how I'd try to do it anyway. That's also a great way to get your butt blocked once they find you.
    And that's the tricky part. Figuring out how to accomplish what he is asking without copyright infringement or violating anyone's rules.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Exactly. I wonder how open source projects like xbmc and plex servers get away with it

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Start with learning basic html/css & PHP.
    Its doable, but you gotta start somewhere.

Remove Ads