Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Distributed computing

So I've been having trouble grasping this concept for a while now, I will tell you how I think it works and you can correct me

Ok so first off let's say we have a site with 50,000 members, and we will presume that each database server holds data on 10000 members making there 5 database servers in total

So let's call the servers that receive requests from clients front line servers, and let's presume there are two of them connected to the 5 dB servers. When a front line server receives a request for a page does that request get passed onto a database server or does the frontline server hold onto that request and send its own request to the dB server for the data, dB server responds to the front line server and the page gets sent to the client

Sound right or wrong?

Next question is how does the front line server know which database to request from? Does it keep a table of some sort?

Next question is what kind of equipment is in between the front line server and the dB server?

I think that covers it for now, looking forward to your reply

Remove Ads