Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

WYSIWYG *and* advanced template customizing???

Hey everyone, I represent a small organization of about 30 staff. We're not primarily a web-based company (we're a camp and conference center) which has resulted in us neglecting our web presence pretty significantly, but that's something I'm working on changing. We're hoping to rebuild our website, but the dilemma I'm running into is that we don't have anyone proficient enough in coding to consider building our website from scratch, so I've been looking at different WYSIWYG hosting services. But here's the rub. We have a fantastic graphic designer who has created a great look/brand/logo for us and we'd want to build that look, style, and color scheme into our website template. So here's the question: Is there a WYSIWYG web builder that allows enough customization to their templates that we could make it fit with our logo, color scheme, and branding? Or does that just necessarily require an advanced understanding of coding to make that happen? What web hosting service would be our best bet? Or should we just consider outsourcing the web rebuild? Thanks!

Member #
    I guess I should also clarify two things. First, we have two individual who are tech savvy and have a very basic understanding of code who would have time to dedicate to it, so it's not as if we're totally striking into the dark unknown without any idea of what we'd be doing, it's just that we'd be *mostly* striking into the dark unknown.

Second, our website is mostly static content (no user login, no commerce applications), so it seems to me that a WYSIWYG editor would work great for us if we could just get the branded template piece to workout for us.
    Last edited by PTGDABF; Nov 11th, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Give Wix a try. They may not allow the level of customization you need. Squarespace allows that level of customization, but IIRC, not through their WYSIWYG editor.

In order to get the look you want and to ensure the site is efficiently coded, though, you'll have to hire out.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads