Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Wordpress Help

Member #

Wordpress Help

Hi,

I recently bought a domain using HostGator. I was able to design my website with Wordpress, and added "wp-admin" to the URL and would be able to log in.

When I tried to log in just to Wordpress.org from their main page, it would not let me log in.

I've gone to the customer support section on Wordpress.com thinking that they may be able to help me but they insist on only giving answers in regards to Wordpress.com issues and not Wordpress.org. They even suggested that I go to the Wordress.org forums for help! And yet the whole point was that I couldn't log in!

I don't understand why they don't handle both. It is Wordpress. I understand that Wordpress.com is for blogs, and Wordpress.org is for more varieties of websites.

So again, my question is, why can't I log into Wordpress.org in general, but I can through my website?

It doesn't make any sense at all.

Anybody have an answer to this?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Ok, your question has 2 parts.

First, Wordpress.org is a non-profit, run by some of the same people as Wordpress.com, which is a for-profit owned by Automattic. So, they can't help in official channels for legal reasons.

Second, you can't log into your WP site from Wordpress.org, because the account doesn't exist there. It only exists on your HG server. If you create an account on Wordpress.org, it will be completely separate from your log in for your own admin section. In other words, they are in no way connected.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Remove Ads