Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need help for error 404 Blog page

Hi all I sure could use help I am frustrated! I am building a website on wordpress. I am trying to start a blog and a poem page along with a media like a blog in a side sidebar. Every time I go into the Reading page in setting to set up the blog page in static it give me a 404 error and I for the life of me cannot figure it out. I reset permalinks I mean you name it. I just do not get why in the heck I cannot get the blog set up with the different pages. My goal is to be able to write posts on all three pages and have them in my menu.

Any Help would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    682 times
    Can you give us a link to it so we can see? Or private message me if you don't want to show in public.

Member #
    I will post in privet. My whole goal is so that I can add more posts to the page. Thanks so much.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, Did you got the required solution to the issue...
    If NO please let me know

Member #
    I did not fix the so it yet all I did was use the built in archive but to me that looks messy. I want to add a nice side bar for blogs like poems and media and for a blog but when I click the blog under home in Reading it causes the blog to be a 404 page. So yes still a bit stuck.

Member #
    Liked
    682 times
    Are you saying that the skinny sidebar on the right of your page will have poems displayed? Like a whole 500 word poem? How is that going to fit?

Right now, it is listing the latest posts, which are poems added to the poem category. Why is that a bad thing?

And I'm confused by your term "blog". You are using WordPress, and you have a link called "blog". Your website is a WordPress blog. So you want a blog inside of a blog? The whole idea of WordPress is to create pages and categories. You can write posts and publish them on any page(s) or display them within a category. Your posts are "blog entries", if you are defining "blog" as posts your write and publish on pages.

Member #
    It is hard to explain what I need and no I get that it is a blog site. Anyway never mind I need to talk to a person on the phone to get what I am saying. Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    682 times
    Sorry ... I can't picture what you want. Talking with someone will be more effective

Remove Ads