Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Odd Question - I'm Lost

Member #

Odd Question - I'm Lost

First off - Hello All!

Here is my issue:

I'm looking at making a fundraising page for a local non-profit.

I'm a graphic designer / marketer with just enough web experience to get my self into trouble (and usually figure my way out).

For the fundraiser the non-profit will be selling little items. (Water bottles, stickers, shirts, etc etc)

Some of the items have minimum order sizes. ie. Water bottles have a minimum order of 20.

I want to build an interactive page where people can "reserve" the items they want (NOT accepting payment, just "reserve" the item with name / email / phone).

The main page would be able to show "Water bottles 12/20 Reserved" so if the minimums arn't met, we don't collect the money (or they can push others to order so they can get what they want).

Can someone point me in the right direction of HOW to start this process?

Thank you x10k in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    What kind of budget do you have in regards to a webhost account and domain name?
    You can get a site for one year, for only $39.95 and that includes domain name: www.cleverdot.com

You would have to think of a domain name not yet used.

In order to do what you need to do, you can't use a "free" webhost because it will require some PHP scripting and a database. If you do the 1 year "special price", you can use it for your fundraiser and just let it expire after one year without renewing. So your investment is only $40.

Here's what I envision:

A one page site that is responsive, so it work on all devices (desktop, tablet, smartphone).
    The users can browse and see what is available.
    If they want to reserve, they will enter their phone number, email and name on a "registration form".
    Their login will simply be their phone number. I don't think passwords are important, since no money will be handled.
    Someone with an admin login can access the database and deal with the items, photos, registered users, etc.

If you have a fair amount of time to work on this (like not something before Christmas), I might be able to help out for free.

Private message me with details about how many items, photos you have, specific details, etc.
    busso likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    if mlseim is offering help, for free, take it

Remove Ads