Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Advice Needed for New e-Commerce Site

Hi, This is my first post here and I greatly appreciate any advice you can give.

Background: I'm in the final stages of developing a proprietary product for sale online. No brick and mortar location will exist. I'll be building the product myself in my shop and I'll have 5-6 add-on products that I'll be offering for initial purchases and for re-orders. My retail price point will be $189 and gross profit should be close to $140 on each order. I'll have capacity to produce and ship up to 20 new orders per week before hiring help.

Question: I have already purchased a search-friendly, product-related domain name from Google domains but have done nothing further. Should I develop the website using an e-commerce service (Shopify or similar service) or should I have the site developed independently and add a shopping cart using some other service?

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    I think you should use a service. There are so many good ones now that will make it easier for you to get your site up and running. The problem for me is, I don't have any experience with them ... I've never used them. But look at things like Square.com. You have the domain name and that can be pointed to any service you select. (they can help you with that).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    I think you should use a service. There are so many good ones now that will make it easier for you to get your site up and running. The problem for me is, I don't have any experience with them ... I've never used them. But look at things like Square.com. You have the domain name and that can be pointed to any service you select. (they can help you with that).
    Thanks, very much. I was thinking the same but I wanted to make sure.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Not sure what you're building in "your shop", but you might want to also look at Etsy. Maybe as a 2nd source for your products, since you make them yourself.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by joealso View Post
    Hi, This is my first post here and I greatly appreciate any advice you can give.

Background: I'm in the final stages of developing a proprietary product for sale online. No brick and mortar location will exist. I'll be building the product myself in my shop and I'll have 5-6 add-on products that I'll be offering for initial purchases and for re-orders. My retail price point will be $189 and gross profit should be close to $140 on each order. I'll have capacity to produce and ship up to 20 new orders per week before hiring help.

Question: I have already purchased a search-friendly, product-related domain name from Google domains but have done nothing further. Should I develop the website using an e-commerce service (Shopify or similar service) or should I have the site developed independently and add a shopping cart using some other service?
    Hello there. I have liked using Square so far. Congrats on your all your hard work!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by joealso View Post

If you are a newbie, Go for wordpress CMS with woocommerce plugin, Get your hands on a theme with lots of features for ecommorce as well, Divi is a good theme. You'll get many things done just by drag and drop designing and features. around 60% of websites are now build through wordrpess.

Also If you have single product for sale and few upsells later, I would advice you to create a main landing page that sucessfuly grab the attention at first sight, add some details and features of products in compelling ways, clear the doubts of customers, Add a clear Call to Action at the end or middle of the page.
    Last edited by JeffLarsen; Dec 21st, 2017 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling and words

Member #
    Congratulations on making this first step!

It might be easier to add your products to Etsy, eBay, or Facebook first and then build a website. If you were to build a website Shopify is probably the easiest to use from newbies and Wordpress could be a good alternative. Wordpress has a huge community around it that can offer many different solutions while Shopify has everything laid out for you. You sacrifice customization for ease of use.

Hope this helps,
    Christian

Member #
    Ecommerce businesses should never underestimate the importance of high quality photography of their products. Simply put, great photography sells merchandise and will boost success rates. Having powerful visual imagery on a website will not only attract customers and encourage them to purchase products, it also strengthens a brand image in the marketplace.

Member #
    Hi joealso,

For Very E-Commerce Sites, you must add a Geolocation features Because [Geolocation] will help you to reach your website into next level..

GEO Location: Automatically track the user's locations and list the contents based on that location

For More details about geo location: https://jomclassifieds.com/

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhillep View Post
    Hi joealso,

For Very E-Commerce Sites, you must add a Geolocation features Because [Geolocation] will help you to reach your website into next level..

GEO Location: Automatically track the user's locations and list the contents based on that location

For More details about geo location
    I see you have made two posts. Did you do a link-drop within both?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads