Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Design Advice needed for Movie Filtering Site!

Have you ever wanted to spend your day watching Netflix but just couldn't think of anything that you wanted to watch? Or sat with a friend scrolling through dozens of titles just to give up and watch "Friends" reruns again? Netflix is one of the most widely used apps, but it currently has no mechanism for users to apply multiple filters to its database in order to find new titles for them to watch. People usually start by googling top titles on Netflix, but these lists are typically made using outdated data and are scattered throughout the internet.
    To attempt to solve this problem I've started to build a website that lets users apply multiple filters to a database to help them narrow down titles into the one they want. image of the site Users can filter by 'type', movie or tv show, 'genre', and sort by star rating are year. I decided to have the buttons at the top where they clearly signify action and a display of the current options chosen shown beneath it so that users know what content is being shown to them on the page. The movies are organized in boxes with their information and an image at the center of the box. The boxes are listed on the page. I used react to create the web page and found it very learnable. I'd appreciate any comments that anyone has on my design or idea!
    screencapture-localhost-3000-1512878925777.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    How do you keep it updated?

Netflix changes things from day to day. Some movies and shows are dropped, others added, etc.

Member #
    Nice design, like to ask you to add information about the canceled shows also and the new arrival show trailers that you can see on nexter.org.

Remove Ads