Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Form Wizard

Member #

Post Form Wizard

I am trying to make a Form Wizard using Material Bootstrap. I want until filling some mandatory fields users can't go through next step. Is it possible to do this except using of JavaScript?

Captures.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The only way to achieve this without Javascript would be to use a server side language (Such as PHP) to validate the form on each step. This would require submitting the form after each step then the PHP script that validates the fields then returning to the page, passing something like a GET or SESSION variable to let the page know if step 1 was valid or not. If the form in step 1 passes validation, you can use that variable to hide step 1 and show step 2 and so on until the last step.

The problem with this is that the page will reload each time the form in each step is submitted. I would highly recommend using Javascript instead as it will be faster and create a better user experience. There are also JS libraries for form validation that will mean you really only have to worry about writing a few click event functions.

Member #
    I understood. I have already solved this issue by using JavaScript finally and now it's working fine as I wanted. By the way thank you so much for your suggestions.

Remove Ads