Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Getting started fast, learning, and what do you guys think of templates?

I just looked at one of my posts from 2013 and it said I wish I learned sooner... I still do not know much. Life really makes it hard to learn with having to work.

I'm not necessarily trying to find a quick way to learn, but I need a start and then get better as I go is what I am looking for.

I mainly want to make an article or blog website or something simple to start, just so I can get my feet wet, along with a forum.

What do you guys think about templates?

Also, I mainly want to learn how to make a navigation bar similar to a combination of this https://web.archive.org/web/20151118...anonhq.com:80/ (mainly with drop down selections like when you hover over Politics) and just about any game or wikia site that has two long ad banners on the side. But, recently, I've grown fond of navigation bars some what like when you click "More" https://www.theguardian.com/technology/anonymous but it's not a good example... cannot remember a website that had it, but it is broad and has a black background with links and looks left aligned... once I find one, i will add it.

Could someone please help me get started? I want to get everything started very soon including getting a host or use a free host site. I will just learn as I go.

Thank you.
    Last edited by JoPic; Feb 24th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    The web.archive link you posted is using WordPress and the "Newspaper" theme by TagDiv. With WordPress making a drop down menu is simple. You just add the page to the menu and indent it and it becomes a drop down of the menu item above it.. Indent the one below that one and it becomes a drop down to the drop down. I didn't check out theguardian other than it is not WordPress.

Remove Ads